Friday, August 31, 2007

Why do they lie?

Are they stupid or just plain evil? Might it be a bit of both?

Sell out, with me oh yea, sell out, with me tonight
CNN is gonna give me lots of money
And everything's gonna be (all right).

No more flippin' burgers puttin' on my silly hat
You know I don't want that no more,
And I didn't ask when we'd get paid, I quit my day job anyway,
I guess it doesn't matter, I guess it doesn't matter anymore.


Media Matters - CNN's Romans and McIntyre stated U.S. troop deaths are down this summer, ignoring that this is the deadliest June-August since the war began
On the August 30 edition of CNN's Lou Dobbs Tonight, guest host Christine Romans repeatedly claimed that American troop deaths in Iraq "are down this summer." Romans also reported that "[t]he Pentagon today is citing the surge in Iraq as a reason for a drop in troop deaths this summer," by comparing casualty figures in July and August to those in May and later asked if lower American casualty figures were a measure of the success of the "surge." However, as Media Matters for America documented, statistics compiled by the Iraq Coalition Casualty Count on its website iCasualties.org show that the 260 U.S. troop deaths in Iraq during June, July, and August 2007 make this the deadliest June through August of the Iraq war for U.S. troops.

From iCasualties.org:

June-July-August 2003: 113 American troops died

June-July-August 2004: 162 American troops died

June-July-August 2005: 217 American troops died

June-July-August 2006: 169 American troops died

June-July-August 2007: 260 American troops died

Despite these facts, on four occasions, Romans and CNN senior Pentagon correspondent Jamie McIntyre asserted that troop deaths are down this "summer"...
Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,