Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Just when you thought

...that the Right couldn't get any more idiotic, they outdo themselves.

Think Progress » Home Page
DAVID: The question I had told your screener, I said, if I’m understanding, California said because of sexual orientation, they can’t deny you service, so, does that mean pedophiles could adopt?

GALLAGHER: Well that’s just, that’s a great question. I mean, if you work in an adoption agency and a guy comes in saying, “I like little girls and I want to adopt a nine-year old girl and I’m going to probably sleep with her while I’m at it,” could the adoption agency person say, “well, excuse me, my religious beliefs find that, lead me to find that repugnant, I’m not going to do it.” Can he then turn around and sue the adoption agency and win like the lesbian did?
Reductio ad absurdum:

"Yes, Ms. Adoption Service Lady, I am a Satan worshiper and want to adopt a virgin baby girl for human sacrifice. The recent court ruling says you must allow me to adopt since you may not deny me services based on your religious beliefs."

"Sorry Mr. Policeman, I am a Kleptology devotee, and we worship money and consider bank robbery to be a sacrament. As the recent court ruling requires, you may not arrest me and deprive me of my rights based on your religious belief that stealing is immoral."

Did Earth just fall through a black hole and emerge in an alternate, Bizarro universe?

Technorati Tags: , , ,