Sunday, September 07, 2008

Go, therefore, to all nations...

...preaching the authoritarian, plutocratic gospel of Supply-Side Jesus, fleecing them in the name of the father, George H. W. Bush, the son, George W. Bush, and the holy almost-ghost, Saint John McCain.

McClatchy Washington Bureau | 09/07/2008 | Palin used state funds for trip to speak at her former church
"What I need to do is strike a deal with you guys as you go out throughout Alaska — I can do my part in doing things like working really, really hard to get a natural gas pipeline[,which, I can assure you, is God's #1 priority]." Palin said. "Pray about that also. I think God's will has to be done, in unifying people and companies to get that gas line built, so pray for that. But I can do my job there, in developing our natural resources, and doing things like getting the roads paved, making sure our troopers have their cop cars and their uniforms and their guns [and that ones I don't like get fired], and making sure our public schools are funded [badly, so you will all have to be home-schooled].

"But really, all of that stuff doesn’t do any good if the people of Alaska's hearts isn't right with God. And that's going to be your job," she said. "As I'm doing my job, let's strike this deal. Your job is going to be: to be out there, reaching the people, (the) hurting people throughout Alaska, and we can work together to make sure God's will be done here."
Palin will do her part in bamboozling the good citizens of Alaska, but she needs the foot soldiers of the holy Vested Interests to close the deal. I hope you have asbestos underwear, governor, 'cause it's gonna be awful hot where you're going.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , ,