Sunday, February 22, 2009

Excuse me while I blow chunks

Yes, We're Out of Power. But I'm Still Starstruck. - washingtonpost.com
I admit, I was a little hurt after overhearing a recent discussion about the lack of "star power" at this year's Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington. Not only have I really been looking forward to CPAC, but this year I am actually on the agenda: "Book Signing: Exhibit Hall. Saturday. 12:30 pm." Tell me that doesn't ooze glitz and glamour.

Luckily, I don't have much of an ego about these things. But the diss did prompt me to briefly question my hipness.

See, in my world, stars don't come any bigger than Newt Gingrich, Karl Rove, Mitt Romney and Mike Pence (if there were a congressional version of Teen Beat, the Indiana congressman would be on its cover every month). Michael Steele, Mike Huckabee and John Boehner are the Jonas Brothers of conservative celebrity. And all of them will be at CPAC 2009.
Too bad her world intersects with ours. This is nauseatingly reminiscent of Ann the Man Coulter's remarks about going all "doe-eyed" over Dubya and Tweety's mancrush on Commander Codpiece and his AWOL T.A.N.G. Airmen in "Mission Accomplished - The Movie." There is something seriously wrong with someone who thinks sociopathy is sexy.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,