Monday, September 01, 2008

Oh my...

Not since Karen Huge (not a typo) and her "that's why the Constitution says we're One Nation Under God*" gaffe has a national politician been guilty of as boneheaded a boner as this (discounting Dubya, that is).

Daily Kos: State of the Nation
Q: Are you offended by the phrase "Under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance? Why or why not?

PALIN: Not on your life. If it was good enough for the founding fathers, its good enough for me and I’ll fight in defense of our Pledge of Allegiance.
Uhh... Sarah Plain and Palin? The "Pledge of Allegiance" was written in 1892 (lessee... 1892 minus 1776.. borrow a one...), over a century after the country's founding. It didn't gain official recognition until 1942. And the words "under God" weren't added until 1954, the year before I was born. I guess that makes my Dad a founding father?

* It doesn't.

Technorati Tags: , , ,