Sunday, September 14, 2008

Soul for sale

Too late! John McCain's is already bought and paid for.

David Ignatius - Stopping At Nothing To Win - washingtonpost.com
In May 2006, after McCain had courted the Rev. Jerry Falwell in an effort to win conservative support, I asked him if he was bending his principles for the sake of winning. "I don't want it that badly," McCain answered. "I will continue to do what is right. . . . If that means I can't get the Republican nomination, fine. I've had a happy life. The worst thing I can do is sell my soul to the devil."

He was right.
There is nothing honorable about lying, cheating, and stealing to win. McCain has sold his sainthood for a legacy of self-aggrandizing dishonesty and debasement; how long will it take for the rest of the country to catch up to this new reality? Let's hope it's well less than two months. Otherwise, the country will wake up from a bad dream to a waking nightmare.

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,