Tuesday, September 09, 2008

What Digby Said

Hullabaloo
Perhaps this is a good place to issue a disclaimer. I am personally a happy person. But I am not a cheerleader and those of you who want me to stop writing what I see about the election are going to be .... unhappy. I'm still optimistic about winning, but I'm not going to write that everything is hearts and flowers if I don't think it is. I'm not into magical thinking --- and I have no reason to believe, as some of you suggest, that this is all part of some Obama master plan and I need to close my eyes and ears and have faith. I don't have "faith" in any politician, I'm sorry.

I want him to win and I'll work for him to win and I have no doubt that every person who reads this blog will likely vote for him. But there are reasons this race is so close and I'm going to write about that even if it upsets some people.